Posted by liz on Jun 23rd, 2011
Pushing the season, aren’t I? I know it’s still summer, but the design media is already starting to buzz about Fall’s trends.
Mansour Modern, just released a line of Vintage – Swedish rugs, like the Swedish Kilim style shown. Strong graphics are making their way onto our floors and in bedspreads.
Other trends popping on the scene:
- Grey Leather and tucked detailing
- Animal busts in new materials
- Imports in ceramics, artwork and finishes
- Modern Lamps accenting traditional furniture
- Anything vintage and weathered is good!
Posted by liz on Jun 15th, 2011
NeoCon 2011, started out with keynote speaker Matt Petersen, President and CEO of Global Green USA. Matt spoke of the work Global Green does in the US and throughout the world. Global Green raises awareness for environmental influences that are changing our world and how they are working to address women’s issues, devastation from Hurricane Katrina and local efforts to improve sustainability home and abroad.
I hopped from showroom to showroom seeking products that address how we are working with new technologies, recognizing a common thread in sustainable products and muted tones this year. Products focused on function and were heavy on purpose less on the splashy colors of the past.
A few products of note that caught my eye:
- Furniture models in the Davis showroom
- Paul Smith woven fabric at Maharam
- Collaborative seating for group meetings at Izzy, notice the rug made of recycled men’s ties – cool!
- Wood planks made in porcelain tile, by Stone Source
- Kids will thank Bretford for coming up with and integrated solution to – recharge your ipad and computer while studying in lounge - so smart.
Posted by liz on Jun 6th, 2011
Today, I’m and NCIDQ Certificate Holder.
After completing all three examinations, I’ve completed the biggest step toward becoming a certified Interior Design professional.
Why hire and NCIDQ certified professional? According to NCIDQ:
“All NCIDQ Certificate holders have been educated, trained and examined to protect public health, safety and welfare. When you hire an NCIDQ Certificate holder, you hire a professional with proven knowledge, experience and proficiency in the latest interior design principles and practices, contract documents and administration and decision-making skills.”
Posted by liz on Jun 3rd, 2011
Grill Plate – Styrofoam no more!
The remixed grill plate offered by Bauer Pottery Company is one of those eye catching products you fall in love with. A bit of nostalgia… a lot of durability. Fiesta colors and fun for the summer, check out the grill plate for your summer soirée.