Posted by liz on Jun 28th, 2010
Industrial can be pretty… and vintage and rugged and what’s happening today in design. Reconsider re-purposed, eclectic touches in fixtures from the industrial era.
Hudson Goods offers a mix of vintage fixtures and furniture. Pair the metal flower pendant with a 40 W Squirrel Cage Tungsten Filament bulb from Rejuvenation Hardware and you have a really cool industrial fixture.
You may have appliances in stainless, but mixing your hardware with a vintage fixture can keep the space interesting and not so out of the box adding character to your space.
Posted by liz on Jun 22nd, 2010
A solar powered finish! This week Naperville, will be hosting the American Solar Challenge at the finish line.
Naperville’s Sustainability Partners, will host a post-race party with events for kids and family.
Saturday June 26, 2010
Naperville North High School, 10-4pm
- Event Highlights, as posted on the Sustainability Partners Website:
- Welcome the American Solar Challenge drivers to Naperville as they across the finish line! The ASC2010 is a 1,100 mile cross country solar car race that begins in Tulsa, Ok and ends in Naperville, Ill. Cars are designed, built and driven by university students from the U.S., Europe and Japan
- Kids Learning Center anchored by the DuPage Children’s Museum
- Showcasing sustainable solutions for your home life and transportation needs
- Solar and renewable energy car display.
- Live performances and music throughout the day.Asparagus Interiors, Elizabeth Marusin, is excited to volunteer for this event and encourages families to attend.
Posted by liz on Jun 15th, 2010
Check out some of the winners from this year’s 2010 – NeoCon World’s Trade Fair, posted by Contract Magazine.
Best of NeoCon 2010 Awards: Furniture Categories Winners
Architectural Products Gold Award: Kids Glass by Skyline DesignSkyline Design’s newest collection features 11 adaptable patterns with fun, engaging graphics for children and adults. Kids Glass addresses the need for positive distraction within healthcare, education, and museum settings. Skyline Design
Best of NeoCon 2010 Awards: Seating Category Winners
Seating: Guest Gold Award: Corvo by Bernhardt DesignDesigned by Noe Duchaufour-Lawrance, Corvo is a hand-sculpted solid wood chair that fuses modern technology with time-honored, woodworking techniques. Bernhardt Design
Posted by liz on Jun 3rd, 2010
School’s out. Why not take a field trip to the city? We recently went on a design field trip to shops in Chicago’s Andersonville and Lincoln Park neighborhoods.
We checked out stores that offer vintage products as resources for design projects.
- Check out Brimfield in Andersonville, they offer vintage and antique pieces with and outdoorsy tartan twist.
- The White Attic, also in Andersonville, offers refinished vintage furniture and custom “Lamp Bar.” Clean stylized and modern.
- At Millionaire’s Rejects, in Lincoln Park, you might just uncover that high end chair or accessory at a digestible price.