Posted by liz on Nov 23rd, 2009
Over the weekend I attended my second Renegade Craft Fair in Chicago. It’s a must on my list for all things creative and accessible. It’s so refreshing to see craft be cool and interesting and modern and alive.
I’ll always attend this show and recommend it to anyone. This year I saw lots of vendors from last year but also new artists and some that I took a double look at.
Here were my picks for fun finds at Renegade:
- Circa Ceramics – always a must. Quirky and fun ceramic goods with a modern feel.
- Moira K Lime – Jewelery Designer. Delicate Forms. Organic Designs. Mixed Media. I purchased a ring and absolutely love wearing it. Great find.
- Jacqui Cheng Studio – Clothing designer. Great lines, custom fit. Wish I had picked up the scooter skirt, I do love the Joan dress.
- Tartella – Letterpress – Beautiful craftsmanship, bright colors, attention to detail. Kitchen-ey Fun. I picked up a cork print that was letterpress design with bright fuchsia screen printed. I’m excited to frame it w/ double thick white mat.
- Loosetooth – Quirky and fun. I picked up a cool ornament that screams 1950′s quirk.
- Shimmer Studio – Fun, clean lined graphics. Letterpress paper.
- Feltwerker – Recycled wool felt and eco-frieldy accessories.
Posted by liz on Nov 17th, 2009
Looking to spice up your reading with classic novels and dress up your shelves with cloth covered books.
Look no further. I was delighted to find the Penguin Classics series in new cloth bound covers offered by Amazon.com and featured in Real Simple magazine. These beautiful archives are inspiring and beautiful. I’m putting down the kindle and putting these on my wishlist.
Posted by liz on Nov 12th, 2009
Looking for and “eco-friendly” counter top solution that’s more affordable than recycled glass, requires no maintenance like quartz and is made of recycled material. Try Eco by Consentino. New on the market in 2009, check out the article in Interiors Design magazine.
Posted by liz on Nov 12th, 2009
Looking for a “greener” furniture line. Check out the offerings over at Green Home Chicago.
Eco features include:
- Seat cushions made of Preserve foam core with soy-based BiOH polyol and fiber wraps in a 100% cotton down proof ticking.
- The fibers are 80% regenerated.
- The back and throw pillows are made up of 100% recycled fibers made from clear and white plastic bottles.
- The frames are made from engineered laminate panels and soy-based resins.
- They meet Sustainable Forestry Initiative standards.
- Finishes are water-based.
The springs are made from 60% recycled metals.
Many fabrics are made from organic and natural fibers.
In manufacturing all waste products from the process are recycled through a national waste management company, who, in turn distributes almost 100% of the raw materials for use in other products.
- American Made
Posted by liz on Nov 3rd, 2009
Thinking of possible back splash ideas? Consider 3form resin panels. A beautiful way to introduce nature into your everyday.
3form Introduces Organic Elements
Mix and match your favorite grasses, reeds
and flowers for your custom organic creation.